Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books on Social Anxiety/shyness etc

4 posters

Go down

Books on Social Anxiety/shyness etc Empty Books on Social Anxiety/shyness etc

Post  Paige223 Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 am

Anyone have any books they can recommend on shyness, social anxiety, similar topics, etc etc

Can be self help books....books of other peoples stories/experiences..... funny books...even novels where the character is suffering from social anxiety..... anything of the sort would be great! Theres just so many out there wouldn't know where to start !

thanks in advance! x

Paige223

Back to top Go down

Books on Social Anxiety/shyness etc Empty Re: Books on Social Anxiety/shyness etc

Post  Rosivenna Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:52 am

My doctor recommended a self-help book When Panic Attacks by David Burns to me. It's about anxiety and panic attacks in general, not just social anxiety but it does apply to that. I've been working my way through it kind of slowly and a lot of it rings pretty true but sometimes he'll say something that just gets on my nerves and I'll put it down for a week or so.
Rosivenna
Rosivenna

Back to top Go down

Books on Social Anxiety/shyness etc Empty Re: Books on Social Anxiety/shyness etc

Post  Mikeisonfire Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:11 am

Ahh, these would be great! I'm just starting to get into reading, so hopefully we can get a good list of books here. study
Mikeisonfire
Mikeisonfire

http://devastate.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubles Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:58 am

I've been reading through a book called "Overcoming Shyness and Social Phobia", my doctor gave it to me and when I go in to see her we relate things to the little activities and tables in the book. Seems a little childish, but having things worked out into tables really helps because I can understand it easily and don't have to ask about it and look like an idiot!
It works through a progression system, so each chapter looks at different aspects of social phobia and activities to unlace the thoughts.
Unfortunately it's really expensive here in Australia, don't know about any other countries, so I just borrowed it from the library Smile
Rubles
Rubles

http://strangevege.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  theanonymous3000 Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm

This is great. I really hope this thread develops even more, as I would like to start reading about how to get over social anxiety. Reading about the things people go through with their phobia makes me feel connected, but I'd like even more to break through that overwhelming shyness. I'll definitely post any good books I find as well.

theanonymous3000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down