Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused and in need of help

2 posters

Go down

Confused and in need of help Empty Confused and in need of help

Post  Seriouss Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 am

I've been extremely wary of close relationships most of my life because I was molested by two of my closest friends in early elementary school. Every close friendship I've had has dissolved at what I felt was it's peak and now I have another best friend. It's taken us around 5 years to build the relationship that we have and we've been through a lot of crazy stuff together. Because of my fear of relationships, I'm lost as to what's acceptable in one and I'm afraid I'm crossing boundaries with her I'm not sexually attracted to her, but a lot of the times, especially when she's upset, I'll think about kissing her. Nothing more than her forehead or cheek, but still.

She's recently started dating a guy and I don't trust him with her, but I'm worried that it's just because I'm jealous. I want her to be happy, but when she's with him, I get deeply upset. She spent the day afterschool with him and I was left unaware for a couple of hours- which made me concerned. When she got home, I asked her how her day was and she answered, "Better after I spent some time with him though. I got to relax rather than hurry." My first reaction was fear that she would replace me with him, which I've had happen before.

Overall, I'd just like some other opinions and advice on the situation.

Seriouss

Back to top Go down

Confused and in need of help Empty Re: Confused and in need of help

Post  10293847 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:17 am

It sounds to me like you like her. And that you may be jealous of this other guy. You don't think he's enough for her and that he won't treat her right. It sounds like you're 'attached' to her in a way that can't be explained. It would hurt you so much to lose her and you're afraid he will take her from you. Even though I'm a girl, I know what that feels like, except for me it's a guy being taken away by a girl. Anywho, I'm just wondering if you know the other guy, like, if you're friends with him or not? Maybe if you get to know him, you'll feel more comfortable with her being with him. Being replaced is THE worst feeling in the world, and it hurts a lot. In my opinion, if she's really your bestfriend like you say she is, she won't let that happen.

Hope that might help. Best of luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  EmpressRose Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:55 pm

I went through this a month ago with my online best friend. It's the worst feeling ever and you can't stop it from happening. At least I couldn't. You probably miss her a lot and depend on her so much, you get jealous of all the attention he's getting and how he has so much effect on her when he barely does nothing. I know nothing about loving girls because I never had feelings for them, but I do know the frustration of losing their attention and the chances of losing a best friend again. Hopefully she's smart enough to know best friends over boyfriends. If she's not, then good luck. I can't say for sure what will happen because I got the negative route. You could be luckier than me. Most people are. Her and I are still best friends, I just have a lot of trust problems and depression now. It wore me out lol but good luck and remember we're all here for you if you feel extremely lonely
EmpressRose
EmpressRose

http://empress-rose.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down