Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello~ I'm Sarah.

Go down

Hello~ I'm Sarah. Empty Hello~ I'm Sarah.

Post  LordSnuf Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm 20 (almost 21!) year old girl and I suffer from anxiety.

I believe it all started when I was in 4th grade. I got made fun of quite often by the bullies in my class over every little thing I did, and to make it worse, my teacher did absolutely nothing to stop them. Because of what happened that year, it made me an extremely self-conscious person, causing me to always worry about what other people think about me. I also became a very shy person, being afraid to interact with others. I used to be so afraid of social interaction, that I would cry if I was forced to go to some party where I knew there was going to be people I didn't know there.

But let's fast forward to now!
My anxiety has improved greatly over the years, thanks to my part-time job. I work at my local movie theater as an Usher/Vendor. My job puts me in a position where I'm forced to interact with the customers. When I first started working there, I was extremely nervous and shy, but after being there for almost 4 years, I hardly ever think twice about the social interaction.
Outside of my job, I'm not as afraid to interact with people as I used to be, but I still have moments where I freeze up and get anxious. Despite all these improvements, I know that there's still issues I need to work on.

Through this forum, I hope to give and receive help for my, and other's social anxiety problems.

Thank you for taking the time to read this~ Wink

LordSnuf

Back to top Go down