Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coping Techniques

3 posters

Go down

Coping Techniques Empty Coping Techniques

Post  Snipes Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:49 am

Does anyone here have any effective techniques or strategies they use for coping with anxiety? I try to no avail and usually just stress myself out while trying to calm myself down. Any feedback would be appreciated
Snipes
Snipes

http://www.mewbot.zzl.org

Back to top Go down

Coping Techniques Empty Re: Coping Techniques

Post  Kat Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:22 pm

If you're a spiritual person, praying or meditating helps a lot.
Also um deepbreathing and closing your eyes and counting down from 10 really does help, while trying to keep your mind blank. I know it sounds silly, but it can be helpful as a sort of reset.
Sometimes if I'm really anxious about something, I'll write down everything that is bothering me, and even if I don't post it anywhere, that helps as well.
I haven't found anything that works one hundred percent, but these are usually enough to get me through until the more intense feelings pass.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  Muta Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:06 pm

One of the best tips I have been told and use a lot, is a strange one.

Concentrate on something really insignificant. The weight of your bag on your shoulder, the pressure on the balls of your feet from standing up, etc.

I doubted it at first, but soon found that by channelling a lot of my mental focus onto this tiny thing really helped bring me back to semi-normal. For me, it works about 75% of the time.
Muta
Muta

http://flickr.com/photos/kimiallover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum