Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, this is Bruna.

2 posters

Go down

Hi, this is Bruna. Empty Hi, this is Bruna.

Post  brubs Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Um. Hello everyone. My name is Bruna and I'm a 14 year old girl from Brazil.
I have never actually been diagnosed with social anxiety, but I hopefully can get some help here with whatever is this that happens to me (maybe it's just hormones, right?). Oh, and also I can try and help you guys whenever I'm able to.
I have seen a psychiatrist, but after some time it became too stressful to go, so I stopped seeing her. It has been more than a year now. I have cut, but I don't do it anymore, though I still feel the urge to do so. Same for making myself vomit, though I don't wanna get into this.
Right now, I'm on a point where I can't go back to a store to change clothes I bought in the wrong number (I never have the courage to ask for a fitting room) or go out and see people I haven't seen for a while. I start to shake and cry every time I have to face a difficult situation like these.

I don't think I have a sexual orientation. I don't like boys or girls, I like people. Or maybe I am just too young to find out. Anyways, I am currently in a long distance relationship with a girl I love (please don't think I am just saying I love her. I really do, and I'd be devastated if you thought it is just "teen love" and whatsoever) and we are probably going to see each other on February.
I like physics and math a lot and plan on doing either of them on university. Incidentally, I like to plan a lot. I also like to study.

I do have some acquaintances, though I am never relaxed around them, but I have three best friends: one has been my friend for nine years and the other ones for two. They are really supportive and I appreciate them a lot. I don't really know how to make friends, so I keep mine very close. I am not very fond of my family, though. My mom never takes me seriously and my father is never there.

As of music, I love The Smiths. I also like Beirut, Arctic Monkeys, The Kooks, Simon & Garfunkel, Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes and all of those nice things. My favorite movie is (500) Days of Summer, but I have a thing for Kubrick's films. My favorites are A Clockwork Orange, The Shining and Lolita.

I think that's it. Sorry for talking this much and thank you for reading it :3
Hope you're not too bored by now.

brubs

Back to top Go down

Hi, this is Bruna. Empty Re: Hi, this is Bruna.

Post  Axl Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Hello Bruna! The life of a teenager is much more difficult than our parents make it out to be. So shrugging off your problems by saying "it's just hormones" is a very rude thing! My father often laughed at my behavior when I used to say I wanted to die and said that I was "just being a dumb teen." Don't let people shrug off your issues because they could be very serious.

In any case, you are still young. You don't need to have a sexual orientation. (Despite what the media and your peers say, you do not need to already have a boyfriend or girlfriend!) I had a long distance relationship with a girl as well, so I understand your feelings. For people to shrug it off as "teen love" is ridiculous. Feelings for someone over the internet are just as sincere as feelings for people offline. They are still people.

Hi, this is Bruna. Smilie_love_351

Axl

Back to top Go down

Post  brubs Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Axl wrote:Hello Bruna! The life of a teenager is much more difficult than our parents make it out to be. So shrugging off your problems by saying "it's just hormones" is a very rude thing! My father often laughed at my behavior when I used to say I wanted to die and said that I was "just being a dumb teen." Don't let people shrug off your issues because they could be very serious.

In any case, you are still young. You don't need to have a sexual orientation. (Despite what the media and your peers say, you do not need to already have a boyfriend or girlfriend!) I had a long distance relationship with a girl as well, so I understand your feelings. For people to shrug it off as "teen love" is ridiculous. Feelings for someone over the internet are just as sincere as feelings for people offline. They are still people.

Hi, this is Bruna. Smilie_love_351
Hi, Axl! Thank you so much for the response. My mother alway makes fun of me when I have these "attacks" (I don't like to call them attacks, but I don't know any better word...) so it's nice to know I'm not alone in this, since it has happened for as much as I can remember.
And thank you for understanding this. I am aware that I am still very young, but I am being completely honest when I say our relationship was never rushed or empty.

Anyway, thank you for the response, again. It means a lot c:

brubs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum