Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, I'm Lucy

2 posters

Go down

Hey, I'm Lucy Empty Hey, I'm Lucy

Post  LadyPilot Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Hey all,

I'm Lucy (ladypilot on tumblr). I'm 22 years old, a senior in college, hoping to go into film or creative writing after I graduate. I've experienced varying degrees of anxiety my entire life, but started having intense panic attacks my freshman year of college. For two years I had several panic attacks a day, though it took me a while to understand what exactly was happening. When I did finally figure it out, I saw a therapist who diagnosed me with panic disorder and helped me to come up with a very pragmatic strategy for recovering. I spent two years slowly getting better, retraining my brain, and while I still have low energy and occasional attacks/anxiety, I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be.

The scariest thing about anxiety, for me at least, is how isolating it can feel. I'm so grateful for social anxiety things, and how its changed my perspective on what I've been through. Thank you guys so much! cheers

LadyPilot

Back to top Go down

Hey, I'm Lucy Empty Re: Hey, I'm Lucy

Post  theanonymous3000 Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:08 am

How was your experience with therapy? I'm interested in what everyone has to say about it because I want to go to therapy again to see if it's something worth investing my money and time in.
I checked out your Tumblr, and I'm thrilled you like Thao Nguyen. She is one of my favorite musicians.

theanonymous3000

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum