Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Shop

3 posters

Go down

Coffee Shop Empty Coffee Shop

Post  Rosivenna Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 pm

I just wanted to share something that makes me feel good every time I remember it, even if it is completely silly.

A couple weeks ago I was at the mall with my roommates and we all split up in the food court. I went to Starbucks and was thinking of the episode of How I Met Your Mother where a barista writes "Swarley" on Barney's coffee cup. I found the idea of ordering under the name Swarley funny and figured my roommates would too but the idea of blatantly lying to the cashier terrified me. She ended up asking me while I was still thinking it over and I just said "Swarley" before realizing it. I stuck to my guns, spelled it for her when she asked and dealt with her's and the barista's disbelieving looks. I then somehow convinced myself that my roommates would think that it was monumentally stupid that I had gotten a cup with "Swarley" on it and was shaking by the time I got to the table. I showed them the cup and they thought it was fantastic and it was all worth it. I still have the cup sitting on my dresser and I'll look at it now and then to remind myself that I can do the little things, even if they are terrifying.
Rosivenna
Rosivenna

Back to top Go down

Coffee Shop Empty Re: Coffee Shop

Post  daiyadarko Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 pm

That's awesome! I love when people do that and the baristas call out the names! Sometimes it lightens up their day too (as long as they get it, of course). Once, I was with a friend and when the guy asked for my name, my friend replied, "2%" I then told the barista his name was Churro. These things are very entertaining. I haven't had the courage to do it again, especially on my own.
daiyadarko
daiyadarko

http://goodperson-baddecisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  theanonymous3000 Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:29 pm

I love How I Met Your Mother. That was the Crazy Eyes episode!

theanonymous3000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum