Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm Taylor

2 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm Taylor Empty Hi, I'm Taylor

Post  Chronologicque Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:23 am

I'm Taylor, 19 years old, and from Michigan, USA.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was 2... uh, hold on, I'm trying to figure out what order I should say things in. Let's see, I'm a college student majoring in music theory/composition... and I know there's other stuff that I could probably go on about forever. I don't want to say everything in the first post of my intro thread though, haha.

Anyhow, even though I don't explicitly have any kind of social anxiety, I know that a lot of the psychology of Asperger's can overlap with it. You learn a lot about a [insert some word other than 'disorder', because I hate calling Asperger's a disorder] you've known you had since you were barely a toddler. I found this forum through the Tumblr blog (mine's at chronologicque.tumblr.com, but I warn you, it's not exciting at all, I rarely ever actually post to it), and while typically, I'd have to lurk around for days before I could build up the courage to even commit to registering, the logician in my head kind of forced my hand this time around. Even in spite of that, it's taken me several minutes to engineer this post, and I'm still not satisfied with it.

So... yeah. I'm gonna go wander around, post in some threads, and take in the general community at large!
Chronologicque
Chronologicque

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Taylor Empty Re: Hi, I'm Taylor

Post  thegirlnextdoor Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 am

Hey there Taylor, nice to meet you Smile

I don't know much about Asperger's Syndrome, but I'd be interested to learn more about it. Anywho, I think it's cool that you're majoring in music theory/composition. I'm a musician myself (not as in a legit band or anything hah) and I still don't think I'd ever fully comprehend writing music and such. I don't know if it's an easy major or what, but it's too difficult for me. So, I commend you for that!

thegirlnextdoor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronologicque Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:54 pm

thegirlnextdoor wrote:Hey there Taylor, nice to meet you Smile

I don't know much about Asperger's Syndrome, but I'd be interested to learn more about it. Anywho, I think it's cool that you're majoring in music theory/composition. I'm a musician myself (not as in a legit band or anything hah) and I still don't think I'd ever fully comprehend writing music and such. I don't know if it's an easy major or what, but it's too difficult for me. So, I commend you for that!

Being a music major in general is very time-consuming, as anyone who is one would attest. Whether or not it's difficult really depends on your aptitude for the field, I guess. While still trying to sound as modest as possible, I have a lot of "natural" talents, many of which help me greatly as a musician.

The unfortunate thing is, my own social ineptitude and fear has handicapped me, because while I can write music just fine (hopefully!), I actually need to have the ability to ask people to play my music. I'm terrible at doing that because I get so paranoid about asking favors of people... plus the anxiety of talking to someone I don't really know and the anxiety of basically asking someone to scrutinize my work for a performance. The totally mundane part of being a composer is the part that trips me up the most.
Chronologicque
Chronologicque

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum