Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! Chris here

3 posters

Go down

Hello! Chris here Empty Hello! Chris here

Post  Eruaphadriel Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

My name is Christina, I'm 20 years old and I'm from the Netherlands.
I've been diagnosed with Soxial Anxiety about 3-4 years ago.
It has always been a silent part of my life, people saying I'm just very shy and all that.. I've tried to go to college a few times, but both times I dropped out after just 3 months in. I couldn't study, I couldn't sleep, I didn't eat. I just got there, sat in class and went home again. At the moment I'm getting therapy (for a year) already, but the fact that I do not know what to do with my life keeps me from going back to any college again. It seems that from both courses I've tried, they just couldn't interest me enough for me to bother doing anything for it.
Currently I am just trying to get at least a part-time job to pay the bills. I've been without a job for 3 months now, and it's not looking very good.

The homefront is disastrous for me, a father who doesn't seem to (try to) understand me one bit. My mum who's trying to support me, yet doesn't know that well how to, for the past 8 years (Switching from elementary to high school at the age of 12, pretty much made shit hit the fan for me).

However, I am in a relationship. It's not as good as I'd want it to be. We live about 3 hours away from each other with public transport. So we don't get to see each other more than twice a month.

My goals for this year
- Find any sort of education to attend to. Preferrably supporting me in any way they can to prevent me from slouching.
- Getting any sort of apartment for myself (or moving in together with my boyfriend).
- A light job next to the study I'd like to take.
- Generally become more independent from others (family specifically).

So this is basically me with my 'issue'.
Furthermore, I like reading. I'm currently hooked on Warcraft lore, reading Thrall's story (Twilight of the Aspects) at the moment. I used to take dancing lessons, I've done classical ballet for about 10 years, on and off. I like music (duh) a lot, and I listen to a lot of different styles.
Eruaphadriel
Eruaphadriel

http://emuishere.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hello! Chris here Empty Re: Hello! Chris here

Post  theanonymous3000 Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:18 am

I am in an extremely similar situation and have come to the conclusion that I should find a steady job for a few months until I get a hang of things, then look into schooling. What kind of curriculum do you fancy, or do you know yet? You sound like a wonderful lady with great interests.

theanonymous3000

Back to top Go down

Post  Eruaphadriel Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 am

I tried to do the same, finding a steady job is quite difficult here at the moment. I am looking into doing a study with preservation/restoration. As seemingly my head is still so full of mud, I'd figure to try something that requires less brain to work with Smile
Eruaphadriel
Eruaphadriel

http://emuishere.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlover Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:23 am

what sort of therapy are you receiving?
nightlover
nightlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content