Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry

4 posters

Go down

On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry Empty On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry

Post  theanonymous3000 Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Last edited by theanonymous3000 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : anonymity)

theanonymous3000

Back to top Go down

On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry Empty Re: On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry

Post  Rosivenna Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 am

It doesn't sound like it's the same thing but for a long time I made such an effort to not cry over the tiny little things that I eventually couldn't bring myself to cry over anything without feeling like a complete failure.

I don't have any advice on it though since that dam kinda broke itself when I went to my first therapy session. I was choking up but not quite crying, said I felt silly choking up over nothing then she said it was fine and tears just started pouring down my face. Now it's a success when I go a full day without crying. It's not even therapeutic anymore, just exhausting.
Rosivenna
Rosivenna

Back to top Go down

On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry Empty Re: On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry

Post  mistandshadow Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 am

I've been through this, even though it was for only a year, it was terrible not being able to cry. I got to the point where I would make myself breathe like I was crying hysterically, but no tears would come out. I'm still unable to start crying if I'm with another person, but like I said, after a year I finally started crying again. It's something I've never heard anyone else say they've been through, so I was surprised to see this!

mistandshadow

Back to top Go down

Post  theanonymous3000 Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:37 am

Last edited by theanonymous3000 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : anonymity)

theanonymous3000

Back to top Go down

Post  daiyadarko Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:40 am

Rosivenna wrote:It doesn't sound like it's the same thing but for a long time I made such an effort to not cry over the tiny little things that I eventually couldn't bring myself to cry over anything without feeling like a complete failure.

This happened to me too, and it got to the point that I only cried over things such as losing someone (not death, but the end of a relationship/friendship). But even those times, it was hard to cry. Like, I'd feel completely depressed and want to cry but I couldn't even sob when something happened to me.

Lately, however, I've gotten back into crying again, even crying happy tears or from laughing too hard. I'm not ashamed to say I cried happy tears in Inception. I hope your emotions become a little more regulated :]
daiyadarko
daiyadarko

http://goodperson-baddecisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  theanonymous3000 Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Last edited by theanonymous3000 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : anonymity)

theanonymous3000

Back to top Go down

On The Pain of Not Being Able to Cry Empty Re: Crying

Post  jacy Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

[size=24]I had this extremely dark time once where I literally did not know what would happen in the next five minutes, and for me, that was a big problem. I like to be in complete control of the chaos that is my life, even though most of it is disorganized imagination. I like to be sure of what will happen. But I couldn't think of anything except the worst thing I've ever had to deal with. I couldn't really cry about it either. I'd get a tear or two forced out, and then I'd just shut down. I couldn't cry. And even when I forced myself, it just made me feel worse like I'd be demanding attention by doing so. But then one day in the middle of English, the thought that I'd be losing one of the most important people that affected my life hit me so hard. I started crying and I could not stop. I cried for three hours until my mom came to pick me up, then I cried for two more when I got home. Then I couldn't eat or sleep because my stomach and head felt so terrible from all the crying. I tried everything I knew how to do to stop, and it didn't work. Then finally I stopped. It was random and sudden, much like a hiccup. Then I lost that person and my own father cried in my arms and I couldn't shed a single tear. I cried again at the funeral so hard, I'd never cried that hard in my life. Out of 200 people at the service, I was crying the loudest. But then after I stopped I couldn't start again. I also cry when I'm extremely angry.

My own problem isn't that I can't cry, it's simply that I can't control it. Perhaps you have the same problem.

jacy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum