Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I am Lia :)

2 posters

Go down

Hi, I am Lia :)  Empty Hi, I am Lia :)

Post  nightlover Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm 19, and have social anxiety disorder.
I was diagnosed at 17 for the reason that my doctor noticed i was sweaty every time I went, and the fact that I didn't like public places.
I started taking paxil. 20mg and it worked miracles on me.
I can no longer afford it so im off of them, meaning I am back to being a social wreck.

On the pills, I was social and i'm actually going to college and was able to do presentations and talk in class.
Plus, no physical symptoms so I was one happy girl!

Now that i'm off, i can't go into walmart without freaking out and sweating like a pig.
It's so gross..I feel like i'm being stared at.

I don't know how I'm going to manage my anxiety without my meds :/
nightlover
nightlover

Back to top Go down

Hi, I am Lia :)  Empty Re: Hi, I am Lia :)

Post  thegirlnextdoor Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 am

Hey there Lia!

Hm...well, my Walmart is pretty big and there's a lot of people. I always run into someone from school and I don't like that. Do you get nervous when you go into other stores? What are you worried about most when you walk in there? Maybe it'd help if you started small, somewhere where it's not so crowded. I can assure you that this feeling of "everybody's staring at me" is in your head. I definitely know it's in mine, and I'm still trying to figure out a way to change that mentality.

It's great how you had awesome progress and no problems on Paxil. Since you don't have meds to help you out at the moment, it might be a bit more difficult to help the anxiety. That being said, you have the entire forum and social anxiety community to help you out along the way Smile

thegirlnextdoor

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlover Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:15 am

Thanks for your response Smile

It's usually walmart. I remember even before I got on my meds ..I always avoided it. Its so crowded.

I guess I feel like everyone is looking but in reality I look around and no one is.
Yet I still get anxious.

I do bump into people a lot..and they know me as outgoing and cool lia..they've never seen me off my pills.
So I guess I am just worried they will notice and be like what's wrong with her!!

nightlover
nightlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum