Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there. I'm Lauren.

2 posters

Go down

Hi there. I'm Lauren. Empty Hi there. I'm Lauren.

Post  wanderlust14 Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:13 pm

So yeah, my name is Lauren. I'm 16, a junior in high school, and I live in Doylestown, Pennsylvania in the U.S. I like reading and writing a lot more than I probably should, I've been playing the violin since I was 6, and I love ceramics. I've been dealing with social anxiety since before I can remember. Anxiety feels normal, I don't think I've ever experienced anything but. I spend most of my time at home (mostly on tumblr to be honest), worrying about social situations gets exhausting. Not a lot of my friends know about my anxiety, and those who do tend to downplay it as me being shy. I swear I'm nice than I look, some people find me intimidating for reasons I don't understand. I'll talk to nearly anyone who starts a conversation with me. I keep hoping that one day i'll wake up and won't be so worrisome anymore (even though I know it doesn't work like that). I don't want to be anxious forever.
wanderlust14
wanderlust14

http://www.countmemorieslikeblessings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hi there. I'm Lauren. Empty Re: Hi there. I'm Lauren.

Post  Rosivenna Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi! I don't think there's such a thing as liking reading and writing too much so keep on keepin' on. And your description of your anxiety just strikes such a chord. I'm pretty sure you're me in high school. But aware of your anxiety, which is 4 years earlier than me so congrats.
Rosivenna
Rosivenna

Back to top Go down

Post  khenson Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:02 am

So my name is Kira, I'm 15, and I live in Pennsylvania as well. I'm a sophomore in high school. Reading would also be one of my favorite things as well, besides tumblr. I also play piano. I have had anxiety since about 6th grade, but it got really bad at the end of 9th grade. I've never told anyone about it, most people just think I'm shy and quiet. I truly hate it and wish it would just go away.

Anyway, you seemed very similar to me, and I wanted to say hi or something. I don't want anxiety forever either, but I find it so hard to put myself out there, in order to overcome the anxiety. It's hard and it sucks and for the moment life on the internet seems a whole lot better. But I know that I can't live like this forever.

khenson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum