Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Im Lucinda.

Go down

Hi Im Lucinda. Empty Hi Im Lucinda.

Post  lulubird Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm Lu, Lulu, Lucinda, Lulubird. It's not my real name exactly but it's what I prefer to be called by my friends.
I am 20 years old and from Victoria, Australia. I'm currently studying at university, International Relations, History and Spanish.

I don't really know what I have or what I am, just that I relate a whole lot to everything on this blog. I've struggled with depression and eating disorders and general feeling-like-crapness since I was 12. Between 15-18 life got better, mostly because I kept myself too busy and tired to be miserable...anxious is another matter though. Every activity brought with it high levels of stress and I'm only just starting to realise that the way I've felt about a lot of everyday activities for a long time isn't how you are supposed to feel. It shouldn't be this much hard work.

University is fantastic but a year ago I started having panic attacks and saw a psychologist for anxiety, though that didn't help a lot. Panic attacks are a new one for me, another thing to add to the list. Now I realise my anxiety and other things are beginning to spiral a bit.

I have amazing friends, my family love me, I have talents and have been blessed with fantastic opportunities. I am lucky and I know it.
I'm just reaching out here I guess, because we're all just floating along in our little bubbles and when your bubbles touch it can feel good.

lulubird

Back to top Go down

Hi Im Lucinda. Empty Re: Hi Im Lucinda.

Post  Always919 Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey, Lu,
I can relate to a lot of what you’re going through. I also have issues with food. For me its emotional eating and bingeing when I have anxiety and panic moments. University is great for me too, or it was in the beginning. My first two years of college I was still living at home and it was great. I was making a lot of improvements with my social interactions and feeling depressed was becoming a less often occurrence. But then at the beginning of last year I transferred to where I am now and the first 6 months were hell. I had a handful of severe panic attacks and the rest is very foggy for me. I’m adjusting now but I’ve had my moments in the last few months where it almost all fell apart again. My friends have also helped me through my struggles and I would be nowhere without them.
Always919
Always919

http://theroadtoalways.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum