Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there, I'm Michael.

5 posters

Go down

Hi there, I'm Michael. Empty Hi there, I'm Michael.

Post  Mikeisonfire Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:09 am

I'm trying this for the second time, my first attempt last night didn't go so well. I couldn't build up the courage to hit the send button Neutral well, here goes. *deep breath*
I'm 17 years old from California. I've lived in the same house my entire life, so I'm pretty familiar with my area and the people that live here, though I don't have many friends. Growing up, I was always a shy/nervous person. In my middle school years, I felt angry a lot of the time. I'm not too sure at what. My life at home is not too dysfunctional - both of my biological parents are still happily married and I have two siblings, one of whom has moved out. Yet I still feel distant from everybody. I've had two past "relationships" (if you'd even go so far as to call them that) but did not work out. I am currently in a long distance relationship (2,000+ miles apart) and it is going well. She's been the only person I'm able to talk to about my personal problems. Along with my anxiety came depression and something that resembles an eating disorder. I'm also unsure of my sexuality and have been questioning it since sixth grade. I do not talk about it with anybody. I believe that has been a big part in my feeling anxious and self-conscious and angry. In my mind, I'm a complete wreck, but I am getting better. I'm the happiest I've ever been, but still struggle with getting through certain things day to day.
Two years ago, I had no idea where I was going or what I wanted to do. But now I have a sense of direction and have set goals for myself. I hope to become a psychiatrist/clinical psychologist to be able to help those who struggle with similar things that I myself have felt/gone through. Things are looking up, and I'm hoping to put this forum to good use in order to help myself get my true thoughts out there, as well as talk to others about things they are going through. I'm here to help and get help. I'm looking forward to learning about more of you (specifically in the stories thread, where I believe I will be doing a lot of rambling). Thanks for reading everybody, hope I didn't bore you, and remember to keep smiling Smile
Mikeisonfire
Mikeisonfire

http://devastate.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hi there, I'm Michael. Empty Re: Hi there, I'm Michael.

Post  Rubles Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Not boring at all!
It's great that you've set goals, I honestly have tried to, but worry they're too lame or stupid. (My main fault really, I worry everything I do is stupid and people will think I'm idiotic)
View this forum as a place to talk about the things that you would not talk about with others you know! It's a great place to get advice and just general conversation with people who get what you're going on about Smile
Rubles
Rubles

http://strangevege.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  daiyadarko Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 pm

wow, kudos to you for maintaining a LDR and I'm glad it works for you :] I encourage you to seek treatment for your EDNOS though, and you can PM me if you'd like some help with that. and hey, you've got set goals and aspirations, so that's always a good start. hope you like it here Very Happy
daiyadarko
daiyadarko

http://goodperson-baddecisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeisonfire Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Thank you for the kind words. I'm feeling more comfortable here already Very Happy
I'm sure this forum will be a great source of help for me. It's nice to feel like I'm not so different from everyone else for once Smile
Mikeisonfire
Mikeisonfire

http://devastate.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Welcome, Michael! I skimmed through your introduction and it wasn't boring in the slightest. I was glad to read that 'things are looking up'. That's always great to hear.

I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to your 'rambling' in the stories thread if you end up posting there. c:
Ethan
Ethan
Admin

http://ethanwederell.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  altertheend Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:03 pm

I think it's great that you want to help others that are facing the same difficulties as you, you'd be a great psychiatrist Smile
altertheend
altertheend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum