Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channelling someone else

2 posters

Go down

Channelling someone else Empty Channelling someone else

Post  Aigis Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:29 am

Okay so this is probably going to sound a little dorky/weird, but this is a nice place and this may help someone else?

Some days when I have enough energy and I have to go out to a social engagement or maybe just to university, I pretend I'm someone else. I'll pick a fictional character I find particularly inspiring - superheroes, Disney princesses etc. Sometimes I'll listen to music or maybe just read/watch a little bit of something with them in it before I leave to really get in the mood. They're confident, funny, they don't care who is or isn't looking. Having low self esteem, it just helps not to be yourself for a little while as well. I think this is probably why I enjoy cosplay (most of the time).

I find that as a temporary measure this really really helps at least get me out the house and enjoy whatever it is I'm doing.
Does anyone else do this? I got the idea after watching The Guild...
Aigis
Aigis

Back to top Go down

Channelling someone else Empty Re: Channelling someone else

Post  daiyadarko Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:15 am

I do that too, to a certain degree :] I create completely different personalities for different events and people I'm around. I channel whoever happens to be around me at that time, usually the person with the strongest personality and go on mimicking them without being obvious about it. I even adopt their posture, voice, the way they speak, carry themselves, etc. I become them, essentially, and it helps me feel less weird.

Unfortunately, I can't turn this off, so if my sister comes around, I immediately become her doppelganger, which is worse because we look alike. It's weird, and yet...not so much :p
daiyadarko
daiyadarko

http://goodperson-baddecisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum