Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trust issues with my boyfriend

2 posters

Go down

Trust issues with my boyfriend Empty Trust issues with my boyfriend

Post  Sierra Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:59 am

My boyfriend and I always get into arguments over how I don't open up to him in our relationship.
When i'm sad, angry, or any bad emotions I never share it with him. I bottle it all up, and he complains about how I don't share anything.
He doesn't understand I can't talk to people about my problems, I close up when i'm face-to-face and scared of rejection.
I want to open up to him, but my anxiety causes me to have mini panic attacks every time he asks me what's wrong.
How can I trust him more? We've been together for almost a year? Help. pale

Sierra

Back to top Go down

Trust issues with my boyfriend Empty Re: Trust issues with my boyfriend

Post  Mikeisonfire Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Ah, how strangely similar to my situation. ^.^
I've always been how you are, afraid to open up. But somehow my girlfriend makes it so much easier. I'm still nervous all the time, but I can open up. She, on the other hand, will not open to me. It bothers me, but I feel like it shouldn't because I get where she's coming from. I don't think there's anything you can do to make yourself more comfortable with opening up to somebody, it's all about trust and how well you know them and how confident you are that they're sticking around. Explain to your boyfriend that you are trying to open up to him, it's just difficult. But remember, bottling up your feelings never helps the situation. He should be able to understand that and be willing to work with you and do what he can to allow you to open up to him. Smile chin up dear, it'll get easier. I'm sure he wants to help you more than anything.
Mikeisonfire
Mikeisonfire

http://devastate.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seriouss Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:14 am

Try explaining to him how uncomfortable you are when are unable to share with him. Also, let him know that while you do want to share with him, it makes your issues worse to have him upset with you for not sharing. Take small steps and start sharing about less serious problems, then work up to your larger ones.

Seriouss

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlover Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 am

I have trust issues with my bf because I worry about what could go wrong..I guess that's just general anxiety rather than social..
but we talk about it and he know its just me worrying because i love him and my anxiety kicks in.

anywho.

You should tell him how you suffer from anxiety and that's the main reason you haven't opened up to him completely.
Tell him you are scared of what he might think of you. [ isn't that the main reason why you aren't opening up?]

Be honest, because if you don't tell him of your condition he is simply going to think that it will not work..if it hasnt worked in a year..it wont work in the future.
If you love him and he loves you then TELLL HIMM, unless you want to lose him. He will understand and be there for you and you will be much more at ease afterwards.

[sorry for being so straight forward]
nightlover
nightlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum