Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting it off...

3 posters

Go down

Starting it off... Empty Starting it off...

Post  Rubles Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Okay, I really didn't want to be the first one to post in here, but I just need to get it off my chest.

At the moment, it's holidays and thus not a lot of my friends are at university. As a result, at the moment it's me, one best friend and her boyfriend. Now don't get me wrong, they're both lovely people and I love them intensely, but there is only so much third-wheeling one person can do! We just went to McDonalds to get some ice cream and catch up because we were all working today, and they proceeded to canoodle and all their lovey dovey stuff even though they know I hate it.

They know very well that I don't get into relationships for two reasons, one the anxiety when even talking to someone remotely attractive or nice is insane, and two I just don't understand relationships. I'm like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory; I just don't get it.
Anyway, I asked them to stop it, because it was making me uncomfortable, but they both just launched into a bit of a tirade about how I need to get over my "fear" of intimacy and relationships and that "one day I'll understand."
I was annoyed with them but I know once everyone gets back from holidays it'll be fine. I'd just wish they'd stop telling me to "get over" my aversion to intimacy, it really doesn't help.

/rant >.<
Rubles
Rubles

http://strangevege.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Starting it off... Empty Re: Starting it off...

Post  altertheend Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:01 pm

I understand completely. I'm 23 and I've never had a relationship. A huge part of that is due to my anxiety.
I don't think anyone who doesn't suffer from the same things as you would understand, but you'd expect your friends to be more compassionate?
altertheend
altertheend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubles Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:07 pm

I've never had a relationship either, and the mere thought of one is terrifying enough.

Normally my friends are very understanding, but they're just under a bit of stress, considering they're going to be apart for a month, it just unfortunately coincides with these several weeks where it's just us three. I understand their stress but I just hit a wall tonight. I can't stick it out if they're going to start pestering me to "be normal and do the deed."
Rubles
Rubles

http://strangevege.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  altertheend Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Don't feel pressured into doing anything you're not ready to do. It'll happen one day, just give yourself time Smile x
altertheend
altertheend

Back to top Go down

Post  EmpressRose Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:15 am

I haven't been in any relationship or really any friendships either because of the anxiety of talking in real life. The thought of getting close to someone and trusting them terrifies me to no end also.

Yeah, I hate it when people tell me to "just get over it" and not even help or comfort me. Doesn't help at all. Just worsens the situation.

EmpressRose
EmpressRose

http://empress-rose.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum