Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Make My Mistake

2 posters

Go down

Don't Make My Mistake Empty Don't Make My Mistake

Post  meowpaw Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 am

I was never in a relationship before this story, which was when I was twenty. It was my first year in college and I was asked out for once, I strangely accepted, only because I wanted to know what it felt like. Big mistake. I realized that I didn't wanted to be with him the first two months, yet I let it go on for over three years. At times, my anxiety got so bad with him, even with my antidepressant. When he found out I was taking them for the first time, he told me my anxiety and depression was all 'in my head.' Which would have been a sign for me to leave. Yet, I just stayed. The relationship wasn't abusive, or at least not physically, at times I felt it was mentally though.

But early last year (2011) or late 2010, I guess he must have met new people, he casually asked to break it off, thinking that I would come back to him if it didn't work out with these other girl(s). I did the dumb thing and remind friend with him. During that time I was also trying to get off my antidepressant. He kept pestering me into hanging out with him, while I was getting side effects from the withdrawal so I just wanted to be left alone, to which I was threaten with sexual contents that I wasn't even aware of. So I just ignored him, it last for probably about a month before I caved in and talked to him again. During that time, I was off my antidepressant completely. A couple months after that, I was getting too anxious with four new house members who just moved in (and is still living here), then a flood hit the area so we had a little over half a dozen people staying at my house since they were evacuated from theirs. Which made me even more anxious and panicky. So really, all I wanted to do was be left alone.

Then he threaten me with the sexual content for a second time and this time he promised to make my life a living nightmare every chance he get. So I got my number changed and blocked him on facebook. It has been about four months since I talked with him! Hopefully I can keep going.

And for those who doesn't think a relationship would work out, just leave. Don't make my mistake of letting it go on for years like I did... don't let someone have a second chance if they've ever wrong you once, chances are they will likely do it again!
meowpaw
meowpaw

http://leafeelebeau.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Don't Make My Mistake Empty Re: Don't Make My Mistake

Post  EmpressRose Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 am

Completely agree. If someone may feel like the relationship isn't exciting at all or might be abusive, one should always leave no matter how heart breaking it may be at first because it may save your life and save a lot of stress and anxiety.
Thanks for sharing your story and I wish you the best of luck of continuing to move on (:
EmpressRose
EmpressRose

http://empress-rose.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  meowpaw Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 am

Thank you!
meowpaw
meowpaw

http://leafeelebeau.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down