Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Kelsey

2 posters

Go down

I'm Kelsey Empty I'm Kelsey

Post  winterslide Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 am

Hi everyone. My name is Kelsey and I'm 20 and currently studying at a university. I recently found out about social anxiety and felt like it described me well, perhaps even described how I've been my whole life (or that's how it seems). But it's really become a huge problem only this past semester.

The past two years I spent at a community college in my hometown, and I lived with my mom and brother, so even if I didn't have much of a social life (as per usual), I didn't feel so awful. But I moved away this fall and a lot has happened since then. I'm living with someone I didn't know (although she's very nice, and is a grad student studying what I may one day) and so I feel like I'm constantly worrying about what she thinks of me. I've made really no effort to get to know her, and I feel awful for this. My living situation is much less comfortable than it is with my family because of these anxieties, and in addition to that, I've had trouble meeting people and have pushed away opportunities to do so, just like I always have.

It's been a lonely few months. But it's made me realize I need to change things if I want to be happy, so I want to try to see a counselor at my school once I return in a few weeks so I can help myself. I want this year to be different, and I hope I can make that happen.

Thanks for listening. I feel like having a place to talk about this will be very helpful for a lot of people.

winterslide

Back to top Go down

I'm Kelsey Empty Re: I'm Kelsey

Post  Ethan Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Hey there, Kelsey, welcome to the forums. I hope this year is better for you. Good luck. c:
Ethan
Ethan
Admin

http://ethanwederell.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum