Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even when mild, it sucks.

4 posters

Go down

Even when mild, it sucks.  Empty Even when mild, it sucks.

Post  jacquelinekate Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 am

I don't have a disorder. I am just a very easily stressed and anxious person. About school. Work. Friends. Family. Money. Future. All of it makes me feel ill. It makes me lie in bed, worrying about how embarrased I was a year ago, wondering if anyone even remembers what happened. It makes me cry every time I think about how I will afford university, or a house. It makes me want to give up, every time I remember nobody finds me attractive and I may just be alone for ever. It's not fun.

For school, we have to do a research project as part of our Year 12 certificate of education. My chosen topic? 'Stress and Anxiety in High School Students'. Maybe i'll learn how to help myself. Maybe my project will be good enough for the school library. Maybe someone else will benifit too. Maybe the primary sources I need to find will help me connect with people and not feel so scared or alone. Maybe it will help someone else.

I don't know why I'm even writing this to be honest.

If anyone has any first hand knowledge or stories about their anxiety and stress that they want heard, I may be able to use them in my project. I can use pseudonyms if people wish to remain anonymous, but it may help me build up specific examples of how anxiety makes people feel, act, or change. How it controls your life. Or how you managed to control it. I would really appreciate it if anyone wants to provide me with stories about their anxiety. Even just a small quote about how it makes you feel.

Anyway, Thankyou for reading.
intothe--universe.tumblr.com

jacquelinekate

Back to top Go down

Even when mild, it sucks.  Empty Re: Even when mild, it sucks.

Post  Rubles Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 am

Hey "jacquelinekate" (Sorry, don't know your name!)
I think the topic of your research project sounds like a great idea. I know personally I like to channel my anxiety into creative writing, as I find it so easy to write about. It's great that you're trying not only to help yourself out but also others.
I'd be happy to write down some of my experiences for your project, gosh, if they could have a positive outcome I wouldn't feel so terrible about them!
Smile
Rubles
Rubles

http://strangevege.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jacquelinekate Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 am

My name is Jacqueline (or Jackie)
Thankyou very much. If you have anything you want to write down you can write it here or message me (dont really know how this thing works haha) and I'll come back to it once we start working on the projects, once school goes back. Smile

jacquelinekate

Back to top Go down

Post  meowpaw Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 am

I had to do a senior project like that and guess what I did it on, you guess it; anxiety and depression. Most stuff I got online, and a few people to help me out. The worst part about the project was having to orally present it to a couple teachers. I don't know how I did, since I was too terrified to ask for the grade after the presentation... but I'm guessing I passed, as I graduated.

I don't know how I would be able to help, but I can tell you a few things about some antidepressants if you want that in your report. Since I experienced two first hand.
meowpaw
meowpaw

http://leafeelebeau.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  EmpressRose Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:06 am

It's a good idea for a project. I would do the same too.

How I feel about social anxiety in high school is it can ruin one's school career. I am a drop out because all the school did was yell and yell at students, not caring about the students at all. In my sophomore year, I started to skip more and more days because I was so anxious at the time and being an avoidant, I just wanted to avoid it all because I hate it when people yell and don't give any respect. In my junior year, I missed week after week and nobody ever cared. This senior year, I started to beat my problems and take charge but then I got stuck in a class where I had to work with people and go in front of the board where I would be laughed at even for getting the question right. My family was warning the school that I'm not just "shy" and I need an immediate change but they refused to listen. It would ruin all progress for beating my mental problems and stress me out to no end. I dropped out because it was best for me and my family's health. I think it's a shame that most schools do not care about children's mental health. All they care about is money. They threw me into speech classes because I was quiet when I was one of the best loudest speakers when I had to speak. I was just scared. I used to be a top student with perfect grades and because of my anxiety and personality disorder which went totally unnoticed, I am a drop out.

That's all lol (:
EmpressRose
EmpressRose

http://empress-rose.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum