Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm Leyla.

2 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm Leyla. Empty Hi, I'm Leyla.

Post  Leyla H. Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Um, hello, I'm Leyla. I've battled with social anxiety for ages, but I didn't know it was an ilness until recently. I always thought that it was just my personality. That I was 'weird' and 'strange' and 'socially retarded'. Last year my parents sent me to a clinic so I could get help with my anxiety, depression and self-harm. It didn't really help, because the sessions took place in groups and I was terrified to say what I was really feeling. I also had to share a dorm with 3 other girls which was the worst thing. I ended up hiding in the bathroom with a book most days. Anyway, reason I'm here is because I really want to find a way to get rid of my social anxiety. I'm 18 now and I feel like I've missed out on all my teenage years. I want to live and feel alive and be able to participate in things and make friends. I'm so tired of being alone and not being able to reach to people. I hope I can find some like-minded people here and finally make a few friends Smile

Leyla H.

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Leyla. Empty Re: Hi, I'm Leyla.

Post  Leyla H. Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:06 pm

I missed my finals last year because I freaked out and couldn't right them, but I got permission to write them next month. I have no idea what I'm going to do for the rest of the year. Everyone else my age has started university, and I'm just lost...

Leyla H.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leyla H. Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:08 pm

And now I feel like everyone's looking at this and reading this and thinking I'm stupid and pretentious...
I hate social anxiety.

Leyla H.

Back to top Go down

Post  Muta Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi Leyla Smile
Nobody is looking at you thinking you are stupid - because we kinda know how you feel.
I'm Kimi, 23 from England.
I hope you manage to make some friends here and get some advice and tips Smile I know I've found it quite helpful, even if it is sometimes only to rant about bad days!
Muta
Muta

http://flickr.com/photos/kimiallover

Back to top Go down

Post  pemo Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:25 am

Hi Leyla! If I can give a word of advice, if you haven't already, sometimes you can get special accommodations for disabilities in high school and college. I didn't go for them very directly, and I regret it. I feel like I missed out on something that could've been really helpful. However, one or two years between high school and college really isn't a big deal. I went straight from HS to college and I really wish I had some time to get my head on straight(er). And a lot of people do it. When I got to college they put me in a dorm room with two other guys. Pretty tough for someone with social anxiety! That was one thing I requested assistance on, and they did get me a single person room. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in the future, and a reminder that you're not alone.

pemo

http://littlepemo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum